Thursday, May 1, 2008

...a funny story...

My wife says this is a funny story and I should blog it. I always do what she says.

So we had just landed the airplane and the passengers were getting off. There was a family with a little boy who, on his way out, started talking to me.


Boy: How fast were we going?
Me: Really, really fast.
Boy: Really?!


Boy: How high were we going?
Me: Really, really high.
Boy: Really?!


Boy: How fast were going when we were landing?
Me: I don't know. That's usually when I'm sleeping.


That got the boy's parents attention.

3 comments:

Justin said...

That is a funny story. And really nice of you to talk to that kid. Whenever I ask questions like that, I get a COMPLETELY different response. I'd share it with you, but this is a family-friendly blog.

I think on a flight sometime, you should say something like this, "We'll be cruising at a top speed of 30,000 mph and at an altitude of 300 feet." See if anyone catches it.

Anonymous said...

On our way back from our Cruise a couple of years ago it was on Brooke's b-day, which is actually tomorrow, but we had said something about it being her b-day sometime and they told the pilot. He announced Happy B-Day to her during the flight and then when we got off he talked to her and let her go sit up in the pilots seat. We took pictures and she thought that was so cool! She loves that picture. She had her hair all braided from Jamaica and it is the cutest picture. I think little kids really think you are cool that you can make that big airplane fly.

Anonymous said...

Should I be afraid?

We watched the F-16's practicing this weekend for the USAFA graduation today. Jake was asking all those same questions!

Have a good one.